Followers

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Tuesday's card ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
I hope your week has started well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

I’m so sorry if I am boring you with this technique – I can’t help it – I can’t stop myself stamping with the no line technique and colouring with my watercolours!  So I’ve another card to share with you and here it is …

 
A flat A6 card 
Not a colour scheme I usually do but I am loving it! 
Just a little embellishing
A final look

I've been asked how I’m achieving this 'impression'est' effect.  I’ve always loved using watercolours, paints and inks on my stamped images.  When I was a DT member, no name lol, I created a particular piece of card art that received a lot of compliments from crafters because it ‘did not look like’ a stamped and painted piece.  It looked like a watercolour.  
 Unfortunately I was berated for this because they wanted the stamp to be visible and for the piece to look like a stamped and coloured image.  Sadly I completely lost confidence in myself, my stamping and my colouring skills.

I have recently found Sanketi’s blog and her beautiful creations it was, to me, very special and beautiful.  Sanketi uses stamps and watercolours as well as being able to draw and paint and generously shares her skills on YouTube videos showing how she has created certain pieces.  I'm following the blog and I’ve subscribed to Sanketi’s YouTube channel.
Finding Sanketi’s blog has been a blessing to me because I can try to use my stamps and paints how I used to not how I was told that I had to.  I've been playing with my stamps and paints ever since!  Now if you want to see this lady’s beautiful work or video's just click on one of the links above - you won't be disappointed and tell her I sent you lol!

I won't be available for long or around much for the next day or two because I have some appointments.  I have got posts ready to go live and I will come on late evening just to link those creations to the challenges I made them for.  There is nothing to worry about but we know I am going to be really sore, worn out and very grumpy after those appointments!
  
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x










Challenges
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #46 Anything Goes 
My Craft Creations Anything Goes July 21 – August 14
My Mum’s Craft Shop Challenge #19 Summer or Bright Colours 
Shopping Our Stash Challenge SOS162 Triple Threat: use three from the list of embellishments or three of the same – I opted for the second! 
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge ‘J’ for inspired by All That Jazz!
Sister Act Card Challenge #67 Anything Goes
Treasured Times Challenge #21 Anything Goes
Vintage Stamping Challenge  #22 Anything to do with dance and/or music


Tools:
Kanban stamp set
Pot of water; spray bottle of way; paint brushes

Stash:
Card/Paper:  Hobbycrafts C6 card; snippet A4 Crafters Companion Centura snow white gold card; Kaisercraft papers # (free from magazine – thank you for letting me know the brand Hettie!
Colours: Memento London Fog IP; half pan watercolours
Embellishments: Craftwork Cards Candi; snippet grosgrain ribbon from my own stash #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer glue; foam pads

# VOS + 3 years

8 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is lovely, Karen! The water color effect is amazing! Very well done, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tracy said...

Beautiful hunni, i love no lines colouring, brings a whole different look to the image.
Hope you are well, sending hugs xxx

Vi soriano said...

Love the image...so beautiful and elegant..hope there is a stamp i can purchase with that image..love it. Your card is awesome .....love the coloring ...perfect!

Donna said...

Your water colouring is absolutely gorgeous! I love the no line effect!
Thanks for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for the "Triple Threat" challenge!

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, this is amazing!!! It still amazes me how you and other can do this technique. lol And no you are not boring me at all!! I love this sassy woman and how you have her done. I'm sorry your old DT made you question your talents but rest assured your talents are wonderful!! You are a very talented person as I don't think I could make something like this. I might have a try at it, but don't think I will be able to pull it off. Good luck with your appointments and rest up after them. I know it won't be easy when you come home feeling the way you will but just hang in there! Hugs, Brenda

Pink Unicorn said...

I love the watercolour image, your painting is amazingly beautiful. I'm glad you have found confidence in your talent and abilities, just do what feels right and keep creating masterpieces like this!!

brenda said...

It's a stunning colour palette Karen and oh to be able to wear a dress like that and still look good....ahhhhh dream on me.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

soapHOUSEmama said...

so very lovely!!! Thanks for sharing this at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)