Followers

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

The mighty oak ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
I hope your week is going well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

I have another inky creation to share with you today and here it is …
 
A 148mm square card 
You can see where the EP has not stuck 
A little embellishment
A final look

I heavily inked a snippet white card and did the cupped hand and splatter technique onto it – love that!  Secondly I inked and embossed the tree onto the card and that was where I had a problem.  The EP was an old pot and it only stuck in places.  I was very tempted to throw the panel out and start again but I love the end result.  Since making this one I have binned that EP because I have Tim Holtz Distress EPs that do the job better lol!
I have bought many types of EP over the many years I have been stamping.  The black detail EP I used for this scene is a brand that which is not cheap and it was less than two years old.  I’ve WOW EP that I’ve owned for + 4 years and I’ve used that on this stamp on another card I shared a while ago.  The WOW EP picked up every little detail of the tree.  The so called expensive ‘detail EP’ is now in the bin and I am reaching for my WOW EPs every time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x









Challenges
Crafting by Designs Challenge July Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge #82 Lots of Layers
My Craft Creations Anything Goes July 21 – August 14 
Pan Pastel Challenge #18 Inspired by Tim Holtz
Sarah Hurley Challenge #94 Celebrations


Tools:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A6 Mighty Oak stamp set
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Cuttlebug embossing folder
Tim Holtz Sizzix bird cage die
Splodgeaway mat; ink blending tool and foam; heat gun; spray bottle of water

Stash:
Card/Paper:  Crafters Companion A4 Centura Snow White Gold card; snippet black card; snippet white card #; snippet blue card; snippets dark brown and latte card
Colours: Distress IPs: Salty Ocean; Shabby Shutters; Mowed Grass
Embellishments: Kanban sentiment #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer glue; foam pads; Collall dimensional glue
Other: Versamark IP; Black detail EP – now binned!


# VOS + 5 years

9 comments:

Sue Bridesmith said...

Gorgeous Design and I love the Colour Tones you have used, thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's it always a pleasure...
Hugs
Suzy B ( Owner )
XX

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Karen. Glad you didn't bin it. I hear you on the EP. I have only recently discovered WOW and I love them. I am slowly replacing my older ones with WOW as they are so much better.
Hugsxx

scrappymo! said...

That tree stamp is fabulous. Thanks for the tip about the WOw powders...always good to hear when a product is worth it to try!
Great card.

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 38 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Di said...

Grat card Karen - that tree stamp is fabulous!

I'm so with you and Hettie - I recently switched to WOW EPs and they really are 'the biz'!

Good to see you in the Playground - the hammocks are strung out if you fancy a little snooze in the shade :)

Hugs, Di xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful Karen! I love the sky background with the water, that tree is amazing and I so love it. Wish it was in my backyard. lol I used to have one like it but sadly it died and had to be taken down. My boys always played "farm" with their tractors and such under that tree. You always make amazing cards Karen, but I hope you are taking care of yourself too! Hugs, Brenda

HandmadebyTLC said...

Wow Karen! Wonderful creation! I love the colors and design! Thank you for joining us at the Treasured Times Challenge blog for our Anything Goes challenge! Hope to see you again next time too!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise

Cathy said...

Hi Karen, love your inky background, the water splashes look fantastic. TFS the tip on eps too. I don't have any WOW powders but will def try them as some of my pots give disappointing results too, Cathy x

Ria Montefalcon said...

Beautiful birthday card. Specially love that tree. So glad you joined us at Sarah Hurley challenges.
xx Ria