Followers

Thursday, 31 July 2014

Stripes and Butterflies ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
I hope your week is going well – it’s nearly gone again!!!
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

Made it to my appointment yesterday and things are changing which I am very, very happy to say lol!  Never talk to the organ grinder’s monkey just go straight to the organ grinder lol!  Now that’s another story for a different day lol!  I have another card to show you today and here it is …

 
Quite a simple card with the butterflies being the stars! 
I think I may need some more Gelato's!  I'll experiment with my other mediums first to see 
if I can create this soft look before buying new goodies!
A final look

I’ve been mopping up the ‘waster/left over ink off the Splodgeaway mat again, using snippets, left overs and freebies makes me feel good and sort of virtuous!  Now I know it’s not actually virtuous but it’s just the way it makes me feel sometimes lol.  I am still sorting through my stash right now with, at present, two largish boxes for the after school kids club at our local school and I have no doubt whatsoever that there will be another box to go to them soon too.  I’d planned to drop the stamps and consumables before they closed for the summer but I forgot lol!!
A very quick post as I can’t type for long because of my appointments yesterday.  Why oh why do they have to hurt you before agreeing that yes your RA is active and attacking your joints – for goodness sake I already knew that!  And in a week or two I start a new drug regimen which I hope will not be as completely debilitating as the last lot – fingers crossed.
Have yourself a fabulous day dahlings and remember to smile, be happy, laugh and cuddle your nearest and dearest as the lovely Darnell says life is short so enjoy it! O err I must be in a reflective mood after that appointment!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x









Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #12 Summer plus a Butterfly I hope this fits the brief – it is certainly very bright and cheerful and reminds me of a deck chair!
Crafty Catz Challenge #241 Anything Goes
Lawnscaping Challenge July is Watercolour
Try It On Tuesday Challenge  Things with Wings  
Your Next Stamp Challenge  #14 sketch & photograph: this time I was inspired by the colours and the photograph

  
Tools:
La Blanche butterfly stamp – sorry Mrs A!
Spray bottle of water

Stash:
Card/Paper:  Crafters Companion A4 Centura Snow White Gold for stamping; A5 Kanban stripe card # ; snippet Hunkydory card stock #
Colours: FC Gelato pink from Tropical set
Embellishments: stitched grosgrain ribbon I won from Hazel; butterfly sticker from stash #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer glue; foam pads

# VOS + 3 years

18 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is very pretty! The butterflies do shine!!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Beautiful card, your butterfly is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid xx

rachel said...

a beautiful card Karen - I love that butterfly - I hope the new drug regime is kind to you! Lots of love and hugs rachel xx

egg said...

Thank you for the gorgeous butterfly. But the best news is that you are feeling better. Let's hope that continues!

Evil Edna said...

love the gourgous main image, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

Cara Malmrose said...

This is most bright and cheerful Karen. I love the watercolor butterfly you created, Fabulous! Thanks for sharing this with us in Mrs. A Butterfly Challenge!

Mrs A. said...

I love this stripey paper and your card fits the bill perfectly. I am coming to the conclusion that I really do need to buy one of these gelli plates. I have resisted so far but a Girl has to do what a girl has to do!! Love that butterfly. Oh how you do love to taunt me! Thankyou for fluttering by.
Hugs Mrs A.

Deepti said...

Oh this butterfly card is very pretty, I especially love the water color stamped butterfly :)

Brenda said...

Oh this card is beautiful Karen! I love the butterflies!!! You did that one butterfly with gelato's?! I haven't gotten any gelato's yet, but they are on my wish list to get sometime. My dear, I don't know why they have to hurt us like they do just to tell us something we already know. Makes no sense to me either. I do pray that this new treatment works much better for you. I'm happy that you have a doctor that is willing to try something new. Mine just wants everything to stay the same all the time. So frustrating. Anyway I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well. Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

Oh how lovely Karen! LOVE the butterflies and (shame on me) you reminded me that I have some languishing Gelatos here - slap my wrists!

Am so pleased to read you had a good (if painful) hospital appointment. Here's hoping the change will be a huge help!

Hugs, Di xx

egg said...

I'd love it if you'd give us a hint now and then of how you created a card. This butterfly, for example: did you spritz the stamp with a bit of mist before stamping? It's so lovely!

Jean Straw said...

Lovely card the butterflies are stunning.
Jean x

poppaeacards said...

This is so pretty! Love the soft larger image in the background, just gorgeous. Cx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card do love the butterflies.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

MRS DUCK said...

Another glorious butterfly card Karen.
Fingers crossed the docs can sort you out.
Take care.
Ang

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I love the dreamy look of this butterfly image.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

MaryH said...

Hi Karen, Sorry to be so slow in visiting. Happy to hear that the RA is changing(improving?!) and hope this new drug regimen will help your hurts real fast. RA is a miserable thing. Your card is so soft & dreamy. Love the splashy butterfly shadow effect behind the glistening one with the raised wings. What a wonderful look. Like all the layers and colors too. I smiled at your 'virtuous' comment. I have a similar feel one - 'righteous'. I've accomplished some little thing - or recycled and feel a bit good & smug for doing right! TFS & happy wkend.

Irene said...

A stunning card with a soft and dreamy effect. Good luck with the new drug regume.

irene
xxxx