Followers

Saturday, 26 July 2014

Saturday's post - a sketchy ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
I hope your weekend is going well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

I have picked two new followers – yay!!! Welcome Cathy and Diane – am very honoured you have decided to follow my creative journey.  I’ve another sketch card to share with you today and here it is …
 
An A6 card which is okay to post 
I love this poppy stamp! 
A minimal look and a nearly CAS card
A final look

This creation was inspired by the fabulous sketch over at the Your Next Stamp challenge and I have tried to use the colour inspiration too.  I stamped the poppy in pale grey again and I’m hoping the stamped lines are not too obvious.
I’ve got to practice this technique because it seems to work beautifully for flowers too.  It took me a few tries before I was happy with it lol!  I have mentioned before that I don’t like blobby flowers and leaves.  This time around no leaf to worry about and the technique I used to watercolour the flower I think has worked too – yay!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x 









Challenges
Ladybug Crafts Challenge Summer Flowers
My Craft Creations Anything Goes July 21 – August 14 
Sister Act Card Challenge #67 Anything Goes
Your Next Stamp Challenge  #14 sketch & photograph


Tools:
La Blanche Poppy stamp
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle filled with water

Stash:
Card/Paper:  Crafters Companion Centura Snow White Gold A4 card; Hobbycrafts C6 card;  6” square PP and snippets of this paper # (no idea where or when they came from lol!)
Colours: half pan water colours
Embellishments: peel off sentiment #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer glue; foam pads
  
# VOS + 5 years

10 comments:

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Karen. I do love poppies though and I think you have done a great job of this one.
Hugs
xx

scrappymo! said...

Lovely job on the colouring...the gray seems to do the trick!

Di said...

Fabulous Karen! Another one worked so well as did your sassy lady card using the same technique.

You could enter this into Less is More for this week - it's Anything Goes!

Love, Di xx

Brenda said...

Loving this card Karen, the poppy is so pretty done this way. I think you really got the hang of this no line water coloring! Hugs, Brenda

brenda said...

A delightful card Karen, it's perfect for our theme this month and you know how much I love my Poppies.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Alycia said...

Just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sister Act. :) -Alycia

Grandma Bonnie said...

Karen, i can see why you like this Poppy stamp..it's pretty! Thank you for entering our challenge at YNS!

Lynne K said...

Love the poppy, Karen, and I like how you've kept the rest of the card simple to show it off. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Anita said...

Beautiful card and a lovely poppy! Thanks for joining our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

PaperDaisies said...

What a pretty card. I love how you have showcased the image. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina