Followers

Saturday, 26 July 2014

Friday's sketch at the Follies Berger ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
Oops it's later than I realised - it's Saturday - yay!!!
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

Along with trying out a different watercolour technique I am having another ‘sketchy phase’ right now lol!  Here's a card I made for several challenges …

I actually checked what papers I was wanting to use before I coloured her! 
An unusual look for me - minimal details 
A little decoration
A final look

I stamped the Kanban lady with the pale grey IP, as I love the ‘no lines’ look stamping, and I am, unusually, quite pleased with how this lovely can-can lady turned out!  Yes she is one of the cheeky ladies from the Follies Berger in Paris!  Yep I am quite mad you see – it is this heat boiling me - I’m not enjoying that right now!
Anyways back to the stamping.  I have tried the no line technique with character/people stamps before and I’ve had miserable results.  So I am practicing (aka obsessing/OCD) the no line stamping because I love the end result.  I am trying to improve my watercolouring skills by using a lighter touch with the paint brush when necessary and ensuring the image has light and shadow. 
So what do y’all think?  I think I am trying to capture an Impressionist look to the stamping.  Do you think it works?  Seriously I would love to know what y’all think!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend
ttfn Karen x








Challenges
Deep Ocean Challenge #82 Lots of Layers
Vintage Stamping Challenge  #22 Anything to do with dance and/or music


Tools:
Kanban stamp set
Pot of water; spray bottle of water; paint brushes

Stash:
Card/Paper: Hobbycraft 5”x7” card ; Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 card; snippets magazine papers are at least a couple of years old
Colours: watercolour paints; Memento London Fog IP
Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts daisies; K & Co sentiment embellishment
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer glue; foam pads


10 comments:

Di said...

Oh Karen - I truly thought you'd bought an already coloured 'impressionist' style image!!! Fabulous work my friend!! Gosh I hope you show more of this technique.

Rushing here - still have to do the Playground write-up - help!!

Hugs, Di xx

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

Brenda said...

I think you need to keep doing what you are doing because this card is amazing!! I love your can can lady, it looks like you hand painted it, not water colored it. I love the beautiful papers and of course the "sassy" sentiment. Awesomeness as always Karen! Hugs, Brenda

egg said...

Yes, indeed you do capture the Impressionist look with this beautiful card. Keep up the work!!

Hettie said...

I had to pop over and see this card. You have used the same Kaisercraft papers as on my layout on Tuesday.
Great card and you have picked up the colours so well.
Hugs
xx

Linby said...

Fab card well done on being featured in the playground.
Linby x

SARN said...

That's a really wonderful card Karen and the result of your no line technique is stunning.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Helene Siermans said...

Wonderful card! Very sexy in an elegant way... Nice coloured image
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz Challenge blog. Good luck!
Nick

meiaudesigns said...

Beautiful sassy image! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Fingers!

Mei
LTC DT
Creative Fingers DT 
Friday Sketch DT

TiinaR said...

Wow a beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Fingers Challenge

Tiina