Followers

Sunday, 27 July 2014

Christmas Card Club #16 Sylvie's choice of Trees ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
I hope your weekend is going well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

It is the lovely Sylvie’s choice this fortnight of Trees at our lovely friendly Christmas Card Club.  I love my tree stamps and I love creating landscapes and snowscapes with my Pans and I really enjoyed making these on a boiling hot day lol!  I have two cards to share with you today and here is the first one …

 
A good one for posting! 
The Pan Pastel snow scene and all those trees!
A final look
Challenges for First Card
Crafty Hazel’s Patterned Paper Challenge Anything Goes

And here is the second card …
 
Again another good one for posting - I will be making more of these! 
Another snowy scene with lots of tree's!
A final look
Challenges for Second Card
Aud Sentiments Challenge #111 Christmas in July
Claritystamp Challenge July Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons Challenge #82 Christmas in July
Sarn’s Rudolph Day Challenge Christmas Anything Goes + two Christmas cards
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #42 A Winter Scene
That’s Crafty Challenge Christmas in July 
-----


So happy I created these before I went out on Friday – creating in advance works for me.  I try to have cards ready to be blogged if I can’t create new ones too.  We went out for lunch and a gentle stroll around a local garden centre.  Along with loads of pretty plants and stunning flowers, loads of gorgeous orchids too, I saw many pretty pots and metal containers.  I think I’ll be visiting that place again soon as I would love to use those pretty pots to put my colouring pencils and markers in – well if we have to have the supplies it is nice if they look pretty. According to my family I never look at things ‘normally’ these days but always with an eye to see if I can use it for me or on something I’m creating lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Claritystamp Ltd stamps: large larch tree; lone tree; sprucescape; small lone spruce; small three trees
Pan Pastel Sofft Sponges

Stash:
Card/Paper:  Hobbycrafts C6 card; snippets white card for stamping; snippet Making Cards magazine patterned paper #
Colours: brown felt tip; Adirondack IPs: lettuce; meadow
Pan Pastels: black; blue; yellow
Embellishments: sentiment peel offs #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer glue
Other: aerosol hairspray to set the Pans

# VOS + 5 years 

30 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely, Karen! A pretty Christmas card, using the assorted trees in a landscape motif! hugs, de

SARN said...

Hi Karen. . . great inking going on here. Brilliant festive makes.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day. Glad you are enjoying your weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

dutchess said...

lovely Karen...hope your pinky sure a bit better,,,,love the tones on your card! xxxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Fabulous card..... Love the pan pastels ... So easy to use.....
Happy you enjoyed the Tree Challenge.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely array of tree cards Karen. You're not the only one who sees other uses for items, I do that all the time and get funny looks from family, lol.
Lorraine

Hazel said...

Beautiful cards, Karen, for Sylvie's CCC challenge - and thanks for sharing for my Patterned Paper July challenge (don't forget you could enter this into CHNC challenge extra for July - would love to see it there too) x

~ginny said...

Beautifully done Karen! A soft & foggy morning... love the scene you have developed!
Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#111 "Christmas in July"]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Carol said...

Two gorgeous cards Karen, love them both. Carol x

scrappymo! said...

Two pretty scenes, Karen. It is always nice if they make it through the flat postage rates. Bonus!

Sue said...

Fab cards Karen great for the challenge huggles Sue xx

Jean Straw said...

I love your snowy treescapes. Super cards.
Jean x

Mrs A. said...

Both lovely snowy tree scene but my fav is the one with the sun. The Doc knows when I pick things up in shops I'm looking at what I can make with it or turn it into as well. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Both lovely snowy tree scene but my fav is the one with the sun. The Doc knows when I pick things up in shops I'm looking at what I can make with it or turn it into as well. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Fantastic tree scenes on both cards. You're doing fabulously with the pans, and really liked your snow hills. The sun was so bright on #2, and another beautiful scene. Well done. On the clogged nozzle...I don't have too much trouble with the 'purchased sprays'. This one that has clogged was made using some old acrylic paint that had thickened. We mixed a couple of drops of it with water, and it works terrific as a spray. I wasn't thinking about it having the glitter in the acrylic,and didn't clean the nozzle after using it. I think the clog is operator error, and it's a cheap dollar bottle sprayer - not one of the 'good ones'. So I can always replace the spray head. TFS the 2 beautiful cards. Happy week ahead. Hugs

Christine Harrop said...

You've made a lovely tree scene on your cards Karen. Perfect for Sylvie's challenge. Hugs Christine xx

Asha said...

Oh this is fabulous. LOVE the wintery scene. Great job with the Pan Pastels.
hugs, Asha

Planetsusie said...

Beautiful cards Karen, my favourite is the second one, it looks so misty.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

Di said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards Karen! Love the ethereal look of the second one especially.

Hugs, Di xx

Lizzie said...

Gorgeous card.Hugs xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm a total tree hugger and adore your Christmas tree cards, Karen!! I'm glad you were up for a fun outing! I'm the same way now with how I look at things. Often it is the fabric of someone's shirt or dress and then I have to stop myself staring, lest they think I'm some kind of stalker!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

Sandra H said...

Your card is gorgeous and thank you for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Buddies Challenge "Winter Scene" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, I love the way you showcased the layers of snow and created an awesome depth on ur card :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Jo Rice said...

Great landscape Karen, such a pretty Christmas card. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck...Jo. X

Naomi said...

So soft and pretty Karen a lovely card. Thanks for entering the Clarity Stamp Challenge, good luck.

Brenda said...

These two cards are amazing Karen! I am loving the scene you created with those trees. I too love trees and you do them the best!!! Hugs, Brenda

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful use of those fun trees! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

rachel said...

beautiful cards Karen - I love this misty feel - beautiful x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous cards Karen, love the scene's that you have created, great stamps and thank you so much for joining in our CAS challenge at LCI.

Kath x

Elfies-Bastelstube said...

Your creation is so wonderful like the Paper you have used.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons.
Hugs Elfie