Followers

Saturday, 26 July 2014

Another Seaside scene ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
I hope your weekend is going well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

I've cards created especially for some of the current challenges and I’ve not blogged them yet – arrggh!  So I have multiple posts for the next couple days.  Anyways here is what I want to share with you right now …

 
A DL card for a change! 
I am happy with the stamping and watercolouring 
 
Such sweet embellishments  
I love this card and it is going into our birthday box
A final look

I used the same set stamp as I did on this card.  However I did not follow a sketch.  The layout is my own which normally means not too fussy with a little embellishing lol!
Again this watercolour panel took time and effort to achieve the look.  However I am very happy with the final result.  I will keep practicing and will be using this colouring technique more in the future.

I have another card I finished and the blog post is done too.  So I will be back later on tonight with a second Saturday post but we need to have some dinner before I do that lol!  And the F1 Highlights of the Qualifying is on the BBC right now so neither of us is in a hurry to get to the kitchen.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x









Challenges
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #77 Dreaming of Summer
Inspired by Stampin’ Challenge I used was inspired by the photograph, the colours and the natural shells
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #113 Summer Fun 
Natalie and Amy Challenge #22 Summertime
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge A Mid-Summer Challenge


Tools:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy On The Water stamp set
Paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; silicon mould #

Stash:
Card/Paper: DL card #; Making Cards magazine papers and vellum #; Crafters Companion Centura A4 Snow White Gold card
Colours: watercolour paints
Embellishments: Fimo Air Dry light clay; grosgrain teal ribbon from my stash #
Glues: double sided tape; Collall dimensional glue

# VOS + 5 years

13 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Karen it is lovely to see a DL card shape for a change, the little beach scene is awesome so are the embellishments, fantastic card.
hugs
lorraine x

Irene Watson said...

lovely card Karen! Your water colouring is lovely and your layout is perfect-like the DL card. thank you for joining us in our sea/beach challenge! Irene DT xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Karen, Another gorgeous seaside scene and beautifully coloured image.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

scrappymo! said...

Another lovely card, Karen!

This is a beautiful scene and you coloured is wonderfully!

Mynn xx said...

Another fabulous summer scene! LOVE this, Karen! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Brenda said...

This scene is just fabulous Karen! I love the extra shell embellishments. Hugs, Brenda

Suzanne C said...

A fresh breeze from the sea just blew in with your charming card. Love the shells along the bottom! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Leah said...

This is lovely! Such a sweet scene and I love your watercoloring. Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping!

Crafters Guild Sisters said...

Fantastic beach themed card. Love the seashells :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
~ Crystal (DT)

Marcy said...

What a fantastic beach scene and beautiful water coloring! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Fran said...

Fab project , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xx

Lisa H said...

The watercoloring is very nice! =) Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Journal this month.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Lovely colors on your card. You have created beautiful seaside scene.
Thank you for playing along with us at Artistic stamper this month.