Followers

Thursday, 24 July 2014

A seaside sketchy ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors
I hope your week is going well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate you

A really quick post from me as me pinkies are being naughty so I can’t type much and can’t create tonight – thankfully it is not as hot and humid as it was lol!  Here is a card that I made specifically for a challenge or two …


 
A 5" x 7" card which is okay to post 
More practice is required! 
A little embellishing
A final look

 A 5” x 7” card using some of those old Making Cards magazine papers!  I actually remembered to dig the papers out before stamping and watercolouring the stamp image.  I’m also back to experimenting with my watercolour paints and ink pads again.  This time I stamped the image using a light grey ink so that it would not be so obvious.  I think it has worked and you will be seeing more of these experiments over the next week or so!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x







                    


Challenges
Deep Ocean Challenge #82 Lots of Layers
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #77 Dreaming of Summer
Inspired by Stampin’ Challenge I used the sketch turned on its’ side and was inspired by the photograph
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge A Mid-Summer Challenge


Tools:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy On The Water stamp set
Paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water; silicon mould #

Stash:
Card/Paper: Hobbycraft 5”x7” card; Making Cards magazine papers #; Crafters Companion Centura A4 Snow White Gold card
Colours: watercolour paints
Embellishments: Craftwork Cards Candi; Fimo Air Dry light clay
Glues: double sided tape; Collall dimensional glue

7 comments:

Mynn xx said...

What a fun summer creation, Karen! LOVE that seashell detail! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Brenda said...

Pretty card Karen! I love the summer scene you have created. The papers are perfect summer colors. I love how you stamp with a light color so the "outline" doesn't show, can't wait to see other images done this way. Hugs, Brenda

Mrs.B said...

Thats a lovely summer scene on this card, I can just imagine dipping my feet into the water.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

soapHOUSEmama said...

So lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) - Ashli

Yvonne Garner said...

Love this stamp set! Not one I've seen before. Get design work and perfect for our challenge over at FSC! Thanks for sharing! Yvonne

Lucy Woods said...

This is fab! Beautiful painting and love the shell!
Thanks for popping by my blog too :-)
Lucy x

Pam said...

Such a pretty card, love the embellishment detail!
Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration Journal challenge this month!