Followers

Thursday, 6 February 2014

Too late but another out of the box ...

Hello lovely peeps!
I hope your week is going well
Mine is a bit of a rough week but nothing bad lol!
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations,
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate it! 
 
I have a snippets card to show you today and here it is …
 
A DL card 
She is so lovely! 
Good for posting!
A final look
I saw a lovely sketch at a challenge the other day but sadly I didn’t get this photographed and blogged in time to enter – oh well no use crying over spilt milk lol.  I've used a stamped and coloured image from my A5 box and a stamped A5 background from the A4 folder of inky and stamped backgrounds I found at the weekend so I have more bits and bobs to use lol!
I am trying to remember to play with my new stamps and stash but I have so many 'old' stamps that haven't been used or only used once - it's like I'm using a new stamp everyday lol!  This Kanban stamp has only been used a couple of times as has the Eiffel Tower which is an old Claritystamp and I think they work together to create a spring scene. 
I coloured the scene with Adirondack IP’s and the outfit with Distress and H2O’s.  The outfit has a lovely soft glimmer, which I've not photographed well - my apologies.  I added a little glitter to the cuffs on the jacket and the bow on the hat, it wouldn't be one of my creations without a little bit of sparkle or shine lol!  I cut the image down quite a bit because I thought it would work better on a DL sized card and I actually like the finished card so I will use this layout again.
The background was stamped by me when I was playing with some of the 'free' clear Craft Stamper magazine stamps, as well as others, on a piece of white card.  I was trying to create a 'collage' background.  I need to work on that technique so I will have to get my Claritystamp chapters out to see how Barbara Gray did it.  The ribbon is from the bag of ribbon I won from Hazel’s candy and it’s gorgeous!  It has a lovely loose weave, a shimmer and it is a little stretchy.

 
Thank you so much for visiting and commenting
I really do appreciate it so thank you
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
Apologies for not many visits at the moment:
I a cold that has knocked me for six, grr
ttfn Karen x
 
 
 
 
 
Challenges
Cards Galore Encore Challenge  #2 add a gem or glitter or Candi or any bling
Craft a Scene Challenge  Create a Scene using your favourite technique: I stamped and heat embossed the character stamp and then placed a Post It mask onto her. I then stamped and heat embossed the Eiffel Tower and I coloured the sky and grass with Adirondacks and then coloured the lady with H2O’s. I love using stamps and IP’s to create a scene and I love to watercolour
Crafty Catz Challenge  #216 Anything Goes
My Craft Creations Challenge  Always Anything Goes 3/2-15/2
Pixie's Playground  #110 Always Snippets
Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge  Always Anything Goes with glitter/flocking/EP
The Crafting Café Challenge   February challenge is Embossing, either heat or dry

Huge thanks to the Paper Playful DT for all their hard work
 
Tools
Kanban Clear stamp set
Heat gun
Paint brush
Pot of water
Spray bottle with water
Tile to stamp Adirondack IP’s onto
Various clear stamps to create the background
 
Stash
Crafters Companion: A4 Snow White Hint of Gold Centura card to create the base
Snippet:  Snow White Hint of Gold Centura card to stamp and colour the images onto; purple textured card; A5 white card for stamping background
Versamark IP
Stampendous Black Detail EP
Adirondack IP’s: Lettuce; Meadow; Stonewashed; Cloudy Blue
Ranger DIP: Shaded Lilac IP for background
H2O paints
Clear glitter #
Snippet lilac ribbon
Double sided tape
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
 
# VOS: there is no name on the bottle so I have no idea when or where I purchased or if the glitter was 'free' from a magazine

24 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Work on it!! What do you mean work on it. Your background paper you have created is lovley and I do so like the way that you have created the little panel below the image. Love the image also especially her sparkly cuffs. Have I mentioned I like this card!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Helene Siermans said...

Very sophisticated and elegant! Like the shape and size

Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz this week!
Good luck!
Nick

cheryl Baker said...

Oh gosh hun this is just gorgeous no need to work on it hun its just perfect xxx

Pat said...

This is very pretty Karen and it's such a pity Kanban aren't around any more because their stamps were nice. I like the technique you have used with the main image background and the colouring of the lady, and the lovely Shaded Lilac DI background with different stamps looks lovely. Hope your cold is soon better. x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun..:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love the elegant image and your colouring is so beautiful.
I hope you start to feel better soon.
Sue xx

rachel said...

what an elegant image Karen - your card is stunning and I love it xx

Jo said...

A lovely elegant card, beautifully coloured, stunning. Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Bling It Up Challenge#2

Di said...

Oo la la - tres chic Karen! Beautifully designed card, the background is perfect and a very elegant result.

Hugs, Di xx

Sue said...

Lurveeeeeeeeee this Karen! great stamps and fab background! hope your cold is getting better huggles Sue xx

MaggieC said...

A beautiful background to your scene. If you want to look at what Barbara does, try watching the Classroom programmes which you can find on the Create and Craft website. Thank you for showing your lovely scene on Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

Sammy said...

How very lovely! I have a rule myself, which is that I can't put stamps away until I have used them, so all unused stamps are in a bag next to me at all times... That way I can tell when things start to get out of hand. (not that that has stopped me yet! lol!) Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Crafting Café. Sammy-x

Dora said...

beautiful creation.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

mags said...

This is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe and good luck.
Mags
x

Anne Temple said...

This is a lovely creation! Love the colors and your design. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

Brenda Brown said...

Such a pretty card, shame about the challenge. Have a great weekend xx

Amanda Curtin said...

Beautiful! Lovely use of embossing

Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe! Amanda x

International Directory Blogspot said...

Hello I'am Chris from France

This is not a spam
Your blog is not on the "Directory Blogspot" ?
With little site offers free website promotion
I invite you to join
You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Represent Your Country
World-Directory is 193 countries in the world! and thousands of blogs
Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
Blog Url
Location Of Your Country In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
Happy Blogging
****************
We follow your blog! Please follow mine
You can forward this invitation to your friends

PLEASE IMPERATIVE !
Registration for the "Directory" blog, are free.
We only ask you to follow the blog. Thank you for your understanding
**********************************************
here the badge "Directory Blogspot"
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/07/12/12071211040212502810092867.gif

Last news of "Directory Blogspot" "
Soon we will award the best Fashion blog and psp, Makeup, nails, crafts, handmade, cooking, paintings, home, photography, jewelry

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Karen this is so beautiful I love these old fashioned stamps this one is so elegant and what a perfect backdrop for her, sensational card.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love Paris and I love your scene. Thanks for joining us at craft a scene this month.

Sue xx

Sheila said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining in the my craft creations challenge x

scrappymo! said...

This is such an elegant looking card. The colours are wonderful and I like that separate little piece below your image!

Pippin said...

Beautiful card! I like your subtle background. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.
Pia/DT

Amy Andrade said...

Great image and coloring! I would love for you to check out my blog. I'm offering blog candy for followers. http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting Café. Amy A.,DT