Followers

Monday, 10 February 2014

This weeks hearts for challenges ...

Hello lovely peeps!
I hope your week has started well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind 
 
I have a hearty card to show you today and here it is …
A sweet little C6 card 
I love the shabby country look that I got with these stamped hearts
Still keeping up with the insides 
Side view - good for posting 
A final look
 
I created this one last night using snippets from other creations.  In fact my snippet pile has grown again because of the cards I created at the weekend lol!  I have also, for the longest time ever, managed to keep up with putting those inserts or decorating the insides of the card before photographing, my New Year promise to myself, long may it continue.  I used rejected  card to punch the hearts, the stamping on the non shiny side was not good enough so I turned them over to use another way.  I wish I could remember where I got the ribbon from.  The ‘with love’ border sentiment was stamped and embossed onto a snippet of card. 
I could not get perfect stamped gingham background but I love the finished look of this card, a bit on the distressed side but gently so, well I think that was what I was aiming for and what I ended up with at the end lol!  
I’m a bit weird with these background building stamps, which is nothing new lol, the stamps I thought would be the easiest to match up have turned out to be the toughest and the ones I thought would be difficult are easy lol!  Anyways the result was a  lovely shabby feeling on this one which I love.

We have a very busy week this week with appointments and other stuff, so I may not be around much.  I will try to catch up every evening, if I can stay awake long enough and not in too much pain, lol!  I hope all my lovely friends are not going to be hit with this awful weather in the UK right now.

Keep warm, dry and safe
Thank you for visiting and commenting
I really do appreciate it
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Challenges
Crafting by Designs Challenge  February Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge  Anything Goes Covered with Paper
Feeling Crafty Challenge  #25 Die and/or Punches
Hobbycutz Challenges  #35 Valentines
My Craft Creations Challenge  Always Anything Goes 0203-0215
Natalie & Amy Challenge  #17 love is all around
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge  Hearts
That Craft Place Challenge  Valentine
The Artistic Stamper Challenge  February Use Distress
 
Huge thanks to the Paper Playful DT for all their hard work
 

Tools
Clearly Besotted Background Builders stamp set
Unknown ‘with love’ stamp
Heat Gun
Large Hobbycraft Heart Punch
Ranger ink blending tool and foam 

Stash
Crafters Companion: A4 Snow White Hint of Gold Centura Pearl card to create the base
Distress IP's: Barn Door; Fired Brick
Clear EP
Papermania Home from Home 12” paper stack
Snippets:  DP; Snow White Gold card; ribbon
Double sided tape
Foam pads



 

17 comments:

brenda said...

I too rather like that backing Karen, it has a lovely traditional feel to it and a pretty card of course.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

I know I keep saying this but I really love the Home for Christmas papers. And this looks fabulous Karen. The punched hearts are lovely. Christine xx

Kandy's Krafts said...

Lovely card with a beautiful contempory look. Thank you for joining us at My Craft Creations.

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a beautiful country Valentine, Karen! I think your stamping is just right for the effect. The whole card feels warm and cozy!

Enjoy the busy week and don't worry about visiting if you are too tired or in pain. I mean it! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

This is so pretty Karen have a lovely week and take it easy huggles Sue xxx

cheryl Baker said...

This is so pretty hun and such great layout hufs cheryl xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love the gingham hearts and beautiful paper.
Take care.
Sue xx

Hettie said...

Pretty card Karen. You know I already love the background paper. The little hearts are pretty too. Very cute.
Hugs
xx

Andree said...

A lovely card, the paper and hearts look wonderful.

Thank you for joining in with the Feeling Crafty challenge this month and good luck x

rachel said...

fab card Karen - love that paper - brilliant xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card, do love that gingham hearts.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

maureenjscott said...

Very pretty! love the shabby look! Thanks for sharing at Crafting by Designs Anything Goes in February Challenge! mo dt x

SARN said...

Lovely card full of hearts. Gorgeous xxx

Erin Stephenson said...

Very pretty! Thank you for playing at Hobby Cutz Challenge Blog. We hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.

Lisa Winnard said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at That Craft Place.
Lisa TCP DT

craftytrog said...

Your card is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper.
Alison x

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with another beautifully crafted card - hope to see you again soon. x