Followers

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Technique Time Tuesday Crew ... Shaving Foam Motivation ...


 
Hello lovely peeps!
I hope you are having a good week?
I can’t believe it is Valentine’s Day in three days time! 
 
Well I know you will have guessed why I’m here today – it is to remind you of the current Technique TimeTuesday Challenge and to also let you know that Mynnette has found and posted a faux shaving foam technique for those of you who do not like to have mucky fingers!
If you want to see how I made these papers then please look at my post here or for a proper step by step from our lovely Rocky go here.  I've used one of my brighter shaving foam technique papers to create this card and I think it works beautifully with this stamp.  So here is what I have to share with you today …
 
Another C6 deckle edge creation 
I love this cute little stamp and I think it looks beautiful decoupaged 
Side view - should be okay to post
A final look
The background was created with just my Distress Re-Inkers, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar.  I really wanted to use these colours and although I didn't achieve the 'swirls' I love the colour blending and splodgy inkiness I achieved which is a better way to look at it than oh dear I didn't get the swirls lol.  Spun Sugar is one of my favourite all time DIP’s even though it is very pale I love it, and using it with the Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers is my idea of inky heaven.
The Orchid is a Dimension Stamps set I bought last year, a pre-loved set on EBay which was fab value and I love it. 
A useless fact for you:  I adore orchids and we've four plants in our utility room.  They flower when they want to.  I've tried keeping them in our lounge and/or dining room so we can enjoy them more.  If we move them they hate it and start to die.  So they're in the utility and only watered when I remember.  They don't need much water or care so are the ideal indoor plant for us.
Anyways back to the stamp set – this is the little orchid from the Occasional Orchid Dimension Stamps set.  It is easy to stamp and colour and perfect for smaller cards – yay!!!
 
Thank you for visiting and commenting on my creations
I really appreciate it Thank You
I hope you are have some time to do what you love this week
ttfn Karen x
 
 
 
 
Challenges
Crafting by Designs Challenge  February Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenge  #11 Anything Goes
Great Impressions Challenge  Floral
Kraftyhands Challenge  Spring Flowers
My Craft Creations Challenge  Always Anything Goes 0203-0215
Pixie's Playground #111 Always Snippets

Simon Says Monday Challenge  We Love Stamps - oh yes I do!


Huge thanks to the Paper Playful DT for their hard work
 
Tools
Dimension Stamps: The Occasional Orchid set
Unknown with love sentiment set
Container/plate for the shaving foam
Heat gun 

 
Stash
Ranger DIP’s: Peacock Feathers; Spun Sugar; Picked Raspberry
Ranger Archival Jet Black IP
Claritystamp Ltd: A4 Claritystamp Paper – cut in half before inking
Sakura sparkle gel pen
Hobbycraft: A6 deckle edge card
Snippets: white card to stamp on: white card colured with ink for matting
Double sided tape
Foam pads
Shaving Foam
Kitchen towel
Kebab stick 

 
To see my original post for this technique go here:

18 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the colour shades and design. xx Flora

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Jean Straw said...

Great card, I like your colours. I have an orchid that seems to like it best on the kitchen window sill. It has only got two leaves but it keeps on flowering.
Jean x

rachel said...

so very beautiful Karen - love that orchid stamp - wonderful. Must search out my ready made shaving foam backgrounds and do something with them xx

jimlynn said...

So very pretty!!! I love the way you did the background on this! Awesome! I'll have to check out that shaving foam technique. A beautiful and stunning card.
Lynn

Dan said...

Great card, I love your shaving foam marbled background. Your colour scheme is well chosen too, it all works together so harmoniously! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

MaryH said...

What a delicious background, & I like the marbling you created in it too. You had the perfect flower to 3D atop this wonderful paper too. Really a pretty card. I'll check out these links and TFS & Hugs

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

Hi Karen .
That beautiful back ground cant be a mistake !
Love the flower and vine .Thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands Challenge Blog .

SARN said...

Great technique and lovely result Karen.

Bless you for taking the time to leave me so many comments yesterday. You really are a sweetie!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Such a pretty technique. You got a lovely, soft and swirled background that is really pretty. Lovely card, KAren.

Sue said...

Fab card Karen huggles Sue xx

Mynnette said...

Hi, Karen! BEAUTIFUL bloom on this card--and a fabulous shaving cream background!!! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Di said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Love the marbled background, still need to try that one out - and the orchid is absolutely perfect with it.

Hugs, Di xx

jonim52 said...

What a fun technique, creates a super background.Lovely card. Thanks for joining the floral challenge at GI.

Sparkly Engineer said...

your pretty background looks fab with this image.

Mary Anne, Great Impression DT

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the marbled look your background technique gives. I used to do a lot of marbling with paints so thanks for reawakening this for me :) Cathy x

haththi said...

Beautiful card - I love the background. Thanks for joining us this week at 4 Krafty Girls - good luck. hugs Angelie

Sylvia said...

A really pretty card. Thank you for sharing it in the Kraftyhands Challenge.
Sylvia x