Followers

Thursday, 13 February 2014

Paper Crafting Journey Design Team Challenge ... Love is in the Air ...



Hello lovely peeps!
I hope your week is going well
Thank you for your lovely comments on my recent creations
You are very kind and I really appreciate it

At Paper Crafting Journey it is the start of a new challenge.  Our theme this fortnight had to be Love is in the Air and we are sponsored by


Please come on over and play along with us and whilst you are there check out what the rest of the very talented team has made – it’s worth it and here is what I have to share today ... 
A C6 deckle edge easel card 
Hey !  How you doing ?! 
Lovely depth from the buttons 
Side view 
Will flatten a bit more for posting
A final look

I did not plan, originally to use this digi because I don’t colour fur very well.  I printed off two of the three digital stamps we got to play with and coloured both of them in, you will probably see the other image soon, whilst I was colouring this cute little creature I fell in love with him – such an odd but cute fur ball who has fallen in love with a cactus lol!
More snippets from the Papermania Christmas papers, love the cross stitch hearts and the black, white, grey and red hearts in a heart pattern is stunning too.  Another one of my taking apart a button and filling it with accents beads to give more depth and texture to the card. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment
I really do appreciate it Thank You
I hope you are safe, dry and warm wherever you are
ttfn Karen x







Challenges
Crafting by Designs Challenge  February Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Anything Goes with a card covered with patterned paper
Hobbycutz Challenge  #35 Valentines
Just Be Creative Challenge  February’s Just Because Linky
My Craft Creations Challenge  Always Anything Goes 0203-0215
Polkadoodles Challenge  #5 Anything Goes
 
Huge thanks to the Paper Playful DT
 

Tools
Computer and printer
The Paper Shelter: How You Doing Digital stamp
Hobbycraft small heart punch
Colouring pencils
Paper stumps for blending 

Stash
Craftwork Cards A4 Digital White Card
Hobbycraft: C6 deckle edge card; fine white crochet thread
Snippets: 12” square Papermania Home for Christmas paper stack; black paper
Sakura Sparkle pen
Red buttons #
Heat button #
Craft Mo Jo: Cosmic Shimmer glue
Foam Pads 

# VOS: very old stash, no idea when or where I purchased these or if they are still available, minimum two years old

7 comments:

brenda said...

You look to have coloured the hedgie fine to me Karen and he's so different for a Valentines but sweet.

We have hedgies in the garden and they drive the dogs mad as they always seem to make lots of noise but have the art of disappearing when the dogs go hunting them.

B x

Sue said...

This is so cute Karen, it was hard to make up my mind which one to use for this challenge LOL hope your feeling a lot better you take care and lots of huggles Sue xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Karen, a fabulous image and I love your design.
Take care
Sue xx

rachel said...

such a cute card Karen - love this image xx

brenda said...

Me again Karen,

When I popped in yesterday I knew there was something I meant to tell you but only remembered what during the night - as you do.

It was your comment about nails, well mine are exactly the same I guess also because of the meds, that's what led me to get them manicured and what they put on them is a gel based nail varnish.

It's really tough, doesn't chip and at the same time protects the nails. I started with a French polish because I thought coloured would scratch onto card stock as with usual nail polish, but it doesn't. So I ventured to some colour and it's totally sealed so you can craft fine with it.

And guess where I am at 9.30, yep my fortnightly manicure. It only takes about 30 mintures and the bonus is it's dry instantly, non of this waiting for it to dry.

B x

Sian Ridley said...

How cute is he!? There is so much detail in this card, I am really jealous, I would've made a mess whereas your card is fab! :)

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x