Followers

Friday, 7 February 2014

I CASE'd a card and I like it ...

Hello lovely peeps!
I hope you had a good week
Yay it's Friday!!!
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I really do appreciate it!
 
Recently I saw a gorgeous card at my lovely friend Darnell's blog. One of my other lovely friends, Helen, gifted me more gorgeous Washi tape when I saw her a couple of weeks ago.  I love it but have been a bit stumped as to how to use it, other than borders at the bottom of a card, and what to use it with. Well Missy Darnell changed that idea PDQ!  Anyways I have CASE'd one of Darnell's cards twice and here's my first version … 
C6 Deckle edge landscape orientation 
Two layers of different fabric glued onto the card.
A rose leaf and a heart pin were added too. 
Side view
So far I have been able to keep up my put an insert or decorate the inside 
before photographing New Years Resolution
And here is the second card …

Another A6 deckle card,
landscape orientation but placed further down the card 
I just love that little pink sparkly heart! 
Side view
 And a final look at both of them … 
 
My mojo disappeared at Christmas.  I've been struggling to craft and blog since early January. I am inordinately grateful that I’m OCD when it comes to getting my DT duties done as early as possible.

I usually have the opposite problem too many ideas not enough time lol!  When I saw Darnell's card  I had a light bulb moment.  I am playing with my Washi tape right now to create a couple of cards.  Thank you Darnell I would not have had the light bulb moment without your beautiful card. 
 
I’ve not completely ‘CASEd’ Darnell’s card because I never do, life would be boring if we didn’t put our own spin on our own creations wouldn’t it?  I added my usual bit of bling using heart pins and the final two of these very old flowers with sparkly beads in the middle, five years old I think.  I tamed my addiction to hoarding pretty papers in 2012 and I was worried I’d replaced it with hoarding pretty Washi tape, well no more hoarding.
 
Thank you so much for visiting and commenting
I really do appreciate it
I hope you get some time for you to do what you love
Stay warm, stay dry and please stay safe
I do hope you are not having problems
with the bad weather right now wherever you are in the world
ttfn Karen x

 

 
 
 
Challenges
Ladybug Crafts Challenge Be Mine
My Craft Creations Challenge Always Anything Goes 0203-0215
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge  #163 Something Old and Something New: flowers are old and the Washi is new
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #52 Show Us Your New Stash – the Washi tape
That Craft Place Challenge Valentine/Love

Huge thanks to the Paper Playful Design Team for their hard work

 
Stash
Hobbycraft C6 deckle card
IKEA: Black and White Washi tape
Paperchase:  Black and White Polka Dot Washi Tape #
Fabric flower ~
Heart pin #
Snippet of white card
Double sided tape
Craft Mojo: Cosmic Shimmer glue
 
# VOS: more than two years old and I have no idea if still available or where to purchase
 
~ more than five years old!


18 comments:

Sue said...

These are really lovely Karen both fab! have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun....and have a lovely weekend too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

cheryl Baker said...

Oh hun this is just so striking and simply stunning hugs cheryl xx

cheryl Baker said...

Oh hun this is just so striking and simply stunning hugs cheryl xx

Sue said...

Hi Karen. I bet the lovely Darnell will be thrilled to see your CASEs of her card. The designs and colours are so beautiful and elegant.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Sue xx

rachel said...

two wonderful cards Karen - I like the second one best of all but they're both beauties. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog - you really should try to get to a Hels class one day - you would love it to bits xx

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Great cards..Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

MaryH said...

Wow on the Washi..loving that fabric ribbon too. This is such a pretty use of the washi...I struggle to use it. Will be chking on Darnell in a moment. TFS such a great B&W card and happy weekend. Hugs

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a thrill, Karen!! I think this is only the second time I've ever been CASEd and I'm positively delighted and appreciative of the compliment! Thank you so much for that and for the wonderful shout out you gave me.

It's exciting to think that something I did inspired you and injected you with some Mojuice to get you going! These cards are really fabulous and I can't wait to see what you create next.

I've got another Washi posting at midnight on a card that took like two minutes to make. You'll die when you see how CAS it is, lol!!

Big hugs!! Darnell

Tracy said...

Really beautiful cards Karen. ..so elegant xxx
Thank you so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I hope you have a lovely weekend hunni xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Your card is wonderful in classic black and white - Thank you for sharing your inspiration from Darnell's card, Karen. Beautiful! hugs, de (sorry - bingo is keeping me so busy)

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, so pretty, thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts challenge. xxx

sandie said...

So pleased you got your mojo back and both these cards are beautiful. I love the big flower. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

Kathy Freeman said...

Wonderful classy card, good luck with the MCC challenge...Kathy x

coldwaters2 said...

Two gorgeous cards Karen what a great way to use the tape it certainly makes a lovely clean and simple card, the flower is the perfect finishing touch.
hugs
lorraine x

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely cards and I adore the birdie in the post above this one. Reminds me of Wedgewood pottery. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS and exquisite creation...thanks for joining our challenge at crafting for all Seasons and we hope to see you again next challenge..aNNie [DT]

Sian Ridley said...

Such gorgeous monochromatic cards! I love monochrome designs and these are no exception! You've taken Darnell's wonderful design and added a big helping of your own style to it and the outcome is fabulous :)