Followers

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

CAS ...

Hello lovely peeps!
I hope your week is going well
Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent creations
You are all very kind and I appreciate it!

Last week I shared two cards CASE’d cards I had made after seeing Darnells stunning CAS card.  Not quite sure what or how it happened but I am having a CAS ‘phase’ right now which is odd 'cos normally I'm not a CAS crafter.  I am happier with mucky fingers, flowers and fabulous backgrounds, stamped or just plain inky. 
Whilst typing this post I remember that I went through a CAS ‘phase’ a few years ago and was never happy with my CAS attempts whereas, at the moment, I am happy with what I have made.  Am going to dig out some stamps that Hels bought me back then. 
Anyways here is a little something I’ve put together whilst in a CAS ‘phase’ …
An A6 card, not deckle edged, for a change lol! 
I love this stamp and I hope I'm not boring your with it! 
Good to post!
A final look
 
In my box of images I had this beautiful poppy that I had stamped and coloured with watercolour paints.  I inked the background with a soft green and then used red at the very edges of the card; I matted that onto a snippet red card.  I wrapped the red and green ribbon around a piece of card which was slightly smaller than the C6 card base, not many layers a bit of ribbon and lots of white space – I think this qualifies for a CAS card and I do hope you all like it. 

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting
I really do appreciate it so thank you
I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week
ttfn Karen x
 
 
 
 
 
 
Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge  February Painty Fun – I used watercolour paints
Crafters Companion Challenge  February Clean and Simple
Crafting by Designs Challenge  February Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew Challenge  #55 Keep it Sweet & Simple
Great Impressions Challenge  February is Floral Images
My Craft Creations Challenge  Always Anything Goes 0203-0215
One Crazy Stamper Challenge  February Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  We Love Stamps
Sparkles Monthly Challenge  #52 Show Us Your New Stash: the stamp and ribbon
Huge thanks to the Paper Playful DT for all their hard work
 
Tools
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A6 Poppies and Daisies stamp set
Heat gun
Paint brush
Pot of water for brush
Ranger Ink Blending tool and foam 
Stash
Crafters Companion A4 Snow White Gold to make card and for mat
Ranger Archival Green IP
Half Pan watercolours – mine are + 10 years old
DIP’s: Fired Brick on outer edge of stamped panel
Ribbon #
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Foam pads
Snippets:  white textured card for stamping; red textured card for layer

# ribbon was from the huge make up 'style' bag full I received from the lovely Hazel – it is pink and I love it and I will photograph it when I remember

15 comments:

rachel said...

I would never be bored of this image Karen - love this to bits - its beautiful xx

Mynnette said...

Another beautiful card, Karen! LOVE the gorgeous poppy image on this one! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

cheryl Baker said...

oh Hun this is just so beautiful really striking card,hun the mould i used was a modge podge one,bought it off,that craft place on FB,
there may be one on amazon could not find one on ebay,let me know if you cant get one hun,and i ask danny to order you one,if not i can make you some and send you hugs cheryl xx

Jo said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Karen! I love poppies huggles Sue xx

Dan said...

What a lovely card - such a delicate look, almost like a hand coloured engraving. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

brenda said...

I missed this one Karen, now how could I miss checking out a Poppy I ask you.

Needless to say I love it.

B x

Kandy's Krafts said...

Poppies are always lovely on a card and that one is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at My Craft Creations.

Helene Siermans said...

This is very beautiful! I love poppys and you done an awesome job with this card!

Thank you for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges - Show us your new stash

Hugs Nick

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your cas card is super! I am totally loving the brilliant red poppies against all the white

Mary Anne, Great Impression DT

Leanne said...

Very nice Clean Card, thanks for sharing us your wonderful card. I love flowers! Thanks for entering our Anything Goes Challenge, at One Crazy Stamper!

Leanne DT@OCS

Aluna said...

Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew challenge. Hugs, Joanna DT

Sue C said...

Lovely card Karen, the poppy image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts. Sue C x

~ Kendra ~ said...

So pretty! Love poppies!! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions!

Shari said...

Beautifully designed CAS card! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the monthly challenge.